Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Service for Natalia- Her 38th Birthday is Coming Up!

October is HERE!   That means its time to do our traditional Service for Natalia for her birthday!!!  She would have been turning 38 years old. 
We invite all those who knew and loved her to join us!  Simply comment below to report your service!  DO THIS BY CLICKING ON __COMMENTS BELOW! Or share your service on social media with the hashtag #servicefornatalia.  We would love to know what you did in her honor, but understand if it is to personal.  In that case, just write "1 act of service."





If you desire, you are welcome to join our family in participating with us in donating to Joyful Welcome!    

"Joyful welcome is an organization dedicated to supporting the community by supplying essential baby items to newborns and their mothers.  We believe babies born into our community, through local hospitals should begin their new life with something new, warm, and filled with love."  They serve 6 hospitals in Utah.  

If you knew Natalia you know she LOVED babies!  She wanted to have at least 12 babies!  (That changed after having twins...)  

As a little girls she loved dolls.

As a tween/teen she loved to babysit.  

Then her dream came true when Logan and Mason were born!  She was the BEST mommy ever.  I know she would love this project to help new moms and babies!    
This year we want to gather as many items as we can to donate to Joyful Welcome!   Their very high need items are; socks, books, baby soap and lotion, stuffed animals, and baby boy quilts.  

Here is the list of all needed items

  • Onesies (white or print)

  • Baby Wash/Shampoo/Lotion

  • Baby Blankets

  • Board Books

  • Small Stuffed Animals

  • Baby Towels/Wash Cloths

  • Booties/Socks

  • Shirts/Pants

  • Dresses

  • Pajamas

  • Beanies/hats (sewn, knit, crochet)

  • Baby Headbands

  • Baby Wipes

  • Burp Cloths

  • **Please Note: All Donations Per Hospital and Joyful Welcome Request Must Be NEW Clothing (size 0-3 or 3-6 months)


Camille and Doris will have a donation box at their house.  Of if you would rather skip the shopping, you can Venmo @JCRogers6 and we will shop for you!   Or you can simply buy something from our Amazon Wish List  and it will ship to Camille's house.  


In the middle of October (Date TBD) we will take the total number of acts of service and display it up by her grave.  Our goal is 300 acts of service!  Thanks for helping us celebrate Natalia's life, by the way she lived her life.

If you want ideas of service Natalia would have done click HERE or HERE!

Also check out what service opportunities are in your local area by going HERE!


Have fun, and let's SERVE FOR NATALIA! 

9 comments:

  1. I will add some additional acts of service myself in the coming weeks, but right now I want to mention some acts of service I received. For the past couple of weeks I have been fighting the Corona virus, and so I was stuck at home coughing and aching. During that time, my sisters and my mom were a great help to me. Melinda brought her kids over and mowed my lawn and cleaned up my yard. Marisa came one day and ran some errands for me, and brought me some ribs and brownies. Jenni (my sister-in-law) went shopping for me, and my mom brought me a smoothie. All of this was very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kreston I am so sorry to hear you have been so sick. I am so grateful you had so many people help and support you! What great service!

      Delete
  2. Made dinner for 6 teenagers that were on a date, sat with someone who is recovering from open heart surgery, bottled applesauce for a friend, volunteered in a 3rd grade classroom, set up for a baptism, delivered treats to primary children for conference and helped a child make cookies for a school project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Is Camille Christiansen I have 3 more acts of service to add to the above.

      Delete
    2. I have 5 more acts of service to add.

      Delete
    3. This means so much. Thank you Camille!!

      Delete
  3. My parents and I ordered some things on Amazon and we have 59 acts of service to report. Some examples are reading to and playing with little friends, sharing an oxygen concentrator with a friend, taking flowers to someone, visiting with someone who has a medical crisis in their family, visiting with elderly (from a distance), and helping with homework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love your family and miss Natalia. Thank you for sharing her legacy of love for others!

      Delete
    2. Jill thank you and your parents so much!!! That is so very kind of you! We are so incredibly grateful.

      Delete